During consultation for our Boroondara Community Plan, we heard that outdoor fitness equipment is highly valued in the community. It provides a free and fun alternative to indoor training for a wide range of people.
We currently have 8 locations in Boroondara with outdoor fitness equipment. We are also looking at 4 new locations where we could install more outdoor fitness equipment.
Our proposed locations for new outdoor exercise equipment are:
- Ashburton Park, Ashburton
- Highfield Park, Camberwell
- Sir William Angliss Reserve, Hawthorn East
- Hays Paddock, Kew East.
We decided on these locations based on:
- previous feedback we received from the community, including through consultation for the Boroondara Community Plan
- a review of the existing outdoor fitness equipment locations
- the existing character and services in the parks
- the landscape suitability to install the fitness equipment.
How to have your say
Select your suburb under the heading 'Learn more about the proposed locations and have your say'.
Community feedback closed at midnight Sunday 3 April 2022.
We are now reviewing the feedback received to finalise the equipment options and locations for each site.
If you have questions or want to learn more about this project, contact us below:
Name City of Boroondara
Phone (03) 9278 4444