Engage Boroondara is moderated by Harvest Digital Planning and their agents. Harvest moderates the site in order to create a productive and safe environment where people can engage with the project or each other without feeling intimidated.
The site uses either:
- a post-moderation tool where all content submitted by users is immediately published and then reviewed by moderators to ensure it complies with Harvest’s Moderation Policy, or
- a pre-moderation tool where all content must be approved by moderators before appearing on the site.
In the first case, the user’s content is immediately posted on the site and then reviewed by the moderators. If City of Boroondara or Harvest finds that the content violates the Moderation Policies, the user’s content will be rejected and the user may be notified via email. Harvest and City of Boroondara reserves the right to edit or remove any content in their sole discretion that has been posted on this site.
In some cases, you may notice that your submitted content that was once posted no longer appears on the site. The content is only temporarily removed until City of Boroondara or Harvest has reviewed it to ensure it complies with the Moderation Policy. If your content has been rejected, you may be notified via email by either City of Boroondara or Harvest.
With the pre-moderation tool, moderators must review and approve the user’s content before it is posted onto the site. This may mean your content does not immediately appear on the site.
We have the right to edit or remove any content submitted by a user. This can include, but isn't limited to:
- personal attacks on other participants or staff
- personal information about any participants or staff
- offensive language, including profanity
- comments that are discriminatory of people’s gender, race, religion, culture, sexual preference, appearance or background
- links to any advertising or illegal material
- spamming of comments.
- contribute constructive discussions and comments
- respect other people's views
- only post content that's suitable for anyone, including young children, to view
- ensure you've received permission to post any images or intellectual property from third parties
- don't spam – either by posting irrelevant websites or by re-posting your comment
- avoid making rude or dismissive comments.