We're renewing the Kellett Reserve Playground, on Malin Street in Kew. Help us design a new playground that better meets the needs of our community.
About the renewal
We’re planning to renew the Kellett Reserve Playground to:
- improve accessibility
- provide diverse play opportunities for children of all ages
- provide long-term enjoyment for families into the future
- ensure it blends in with the natural parkland and showcases Melbourne's city views.
We've prioritised Kellett Reserve Playground for renewal under our Playground Replacement Program because some equipment is ageing and the posts in the timber structures are starting to rot.
About the existing playground
The current playground was built in 2004 and discreetly blends into the park's surroundings, maintaining the reserve's natural character. It features equipment designed for toddlers and young children, including two play units, a climbing wall, a teacup carousel, slides, rocker and swings.
This playground is classified as a local playground in Boroondara's Playground Development Strategy. For a quick summary of what that means, see the question panel on the right of this page.
How to have your say
What do you like about the current playground and want to keep? What would you love to see added or improved?
You can share your feedback in any of these ways:
- Take our short survey.
- Write in the 'Share your ideas' box below or upload a drawing.
- Speak with a Council officer in person at Kellett Reserve Playground on:
- Wednesday 27 September from 11 am to 12 pm.
Children are encouraged to participate. They can share their ideas by drawing a picture or completing the survey with help from an adult.
This stage of consultation closes at 5 pm on Monday 16 October.
Stay up-to-date on the playground renewal and next stage of consultation by selecting ‘Follow’ at the top of this page.