About the upgrade
We are upgrading the Ferndale Park pavilion in Glen Iris to create a better experience for pavilion users and park visitors, including:
- St Mary’s Salesian Amateur Football Club
- Ashburton Willows Cricket Club
- Hawthorn U3A.
You can find updates about this project on our Ferndale Park pavilion renewal project page.
In February and March 2023, we asked you for feedback on a draft design concept for the pavilion. We received mixed support from the 172 people who provided feedback:
- 20% of respondents were supportive
- 55% of respondents were not supportive
- 24% of respondents were mixed
- 1% of respondents were neutral.
What you liked in our draft design concept
What you wanted us to change in our draft design concept
The final design
In response to community feedback, we updated our design by:
- moving the location of the staircase, which is now located up against the building
- removing the mesh screen and installing a risk fence, subject to a risk assessment outcome
- moving the public toilet to the front of the building to provide greater visibility
- including a path that runs across the front of the pavilion and runs from east to west, maintaining the link between the Ferndale and Back Creek bicycle trails
- removing the barbecue.
You can find out more about the design on our Ferndale Park pavilion renewal project page.
Select the Hotspots below to learn more about key features of our final design for the new oval level and the existing pavilion level.