The ramp we are proposing to build would be located on the west side of the Mont Albert Road bridge, immediately to the north of Mont Albert Road.
At the moment, there aren’t many places where you can access the Anniversary Trail between Whitehorse Road and Rubens Grove.
The proposed ramp could reduce the distance between access points from 900 m to 370 m along this stretch of the trail.
A ramp at this location would also:
- provide a connection between important east-west and north-south bicycle and pedestrian routes
- improve access, safety and security
- provide opportunities for local students to walk or ride to school
- deliver better access for emergency services when required
- meet disability standards.
In late-2022, we asked you for feedback about our proposal to build a ramp connecting the Anniversary Trail with Mont Albert Road in Canterbury.
We received more than 190 responses from community members. Over 87% of respondents supported the proposal.
These findings will be presented as part of a report to Councillors at the Services Delegated Committee (SDC) meeting at 6:30 pm on Monday 10 July 2023.
- watch the SDC meeting — available as a livestream and then as a recording after the meeting
- read the report summarising the findings and making recommendations for Councillors to consider.
If you would like to make a written or verbal submission to be considered at this meeting you can find out more about this on our Participate in Council and Committee meetings page.
After the SDC meeting we will update this page with the outcome of the meeting, a copy of the report presented to the SDC, and next steps.
If we receive support from Councillors, we will finalise the concept design and feasibility study. The concept design and feasibility study would be used to advocate for funding from the Victorian Government to deliver this ramp. This is an action in our Boroondara Bicycle Strategy, which you can read on our Boroondara Bicycle Strategy 2022 page.
Concept design map
Select the Hotspots on the map to learn more about the different features of our proposed concept design.
Concept design images
These images are artist-designed concept images of the proposed design.