About the Reusable Nappy Program
In Victoria, more than 76,000 babies are born each year. Nappy waste in our state makes up around 5–15% of all waste sent to landfill.
The Reusable Nappy Program is an initiative being considered by 11 Victorian councils that could help reduce this waste.
About the survey
Sustainability Victoria, through the Victorian Government’s Recycling Victoria Councils Fund, is supporting these councils to understand how their residents feel about:
- using reusable nappies
- using a local government reusable nappy program.
We wanted to hear from Boroondara parents and carers who:
- have used reusable nappies in the last 5 years
- have tried using reusable nappies but stopped
- want to find out more information about reusable nappies
- prefer to use disposable nappies.
How to have your say
This survey is now closed. The results from this survey will help us understand how parents and carers in our community feel about using reusable nappies. They will also guide our decisions on any future reusable nappy support programs.