Celebration of heritage
The Michael Tuck Stand was built in 1938 as the flagship facility for the Hawthorn Football Club, which played at Glenferrie Oval from 1905 to 1973.
From 1973 to 2006, the club continued to use this space as an administrative and training base.
The refurbishment will respect and celebrate the Michael Tuck Stand’s heritage significance and its Moderne style façade, which is heritage listed and of state significance. This will include keeping the grandstand seating.