Our new Economic Development and Tourism Plan (the Plan) will guide our actions over the coming years to positively influence economic development in Boroondara and make sure it remains a great place for our community to live, work, study and play.
We aim to share the draft Plan for public exhibition and feedback in February 2023.
Businesses who had their say in our online survey went into the draw to win one of 3 x $100 vouchers. They could use these vouchers to spend at a local independent business listed on the Love Local Life website. We notified the winners of this competition directly.
Developing the Economic Development and Tourism Plan
We used the business and trader survey to build on the feedback we received from over 5,000 community members between November 2020 and April 2021 to renew the Boroondara Community Plan.
Between March and October 2021, we collected data to understand how Council can best support businesses to thrive, now and into the future. The Plan was informed through consultation with:
- Boroondara’s Traders’ Associations
- local businesses, including major industry sectors and home-based businesses
- employment and training institutions
- relevant state government departments
- regional networks and partners
- various City of Boroondara departments.