After consulting with the community, we have adopted our second Implementation Plan for the Climate Action Plan.
Our Councillors adopted the plan at the Services Delegated Committee Meeting on Monday 13 November. The live stream video of the meeting can be viewed through the City of Boroondara YouTube channel.
The Implementation Plan for 2023/24 and 2024/25 is in the Document library on this page.
What happens next
Over the next 2 years, we will work through 79 specific actions. These aim to reduce Boroondara’s emissions while providing community support to minimise our city’s environmental impact.
You can track our progress on these actions on our Climate Action Plan hub.
About our Climate Action Plan and Implementation Plans
Since September 2021, our Climate Action Plan has helped guide our efforts in tackling climate change together. This overarching plan is supported by a series of 2-year Implementation Plans, which explain what actions we will deliver.
Our community contributed thousands of ideas to shape the Climate Action Plan and the first Implementation Plan (covering the 2021/22 and 2022/23 financial years). The first Implementation Plan recently completed its two-year timeline. We are pleased to have made progress by:
- joining and launching the Solar Savers Program and Energy Savers Program to help residents and businesses reduce their energy usage
- creating a new Climate Action Grants program. Eligible not-for-profit community groups can receive financial support of up to $10,000 for projects, services, programs and activities that strengthen the community’s capacity to reduce emissions
- installing more solar on Council buildings - we are committed to building on this further through our next Implementation Plan.
Read more on our Climate Action Plan page.
Consultation on the second Implementation Plan
In August 2023, we consulted our community on the second Implementation Plan to support our Climate Action Plan in 2023/24 and 2024/25.
We received responses from 41 community members during the consultation period, from Wednesday 16 August to Tuesday 5 September 2023.
What you told us
There were some common themes raised by our community during feedback, including:
- exploring more active transport options
- providing increased support to help the community transition to electric vehicles
- increasing the land managed for biodiversity
- increasing tree canopy across Boroondara.
We also received suggestions about specific actions. You can view our consultation findings in the Document library on the right of this page, including the changes we made based on your feedback.
To stay up-to-date on our progress, visit our Boroondara website’s: